Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Muppet murder and Klingons

              I was recently invited to perform with Il Troubadore Klingon Music Project at a Klingon Language class. They're preparing for the upcoming production of A Klingon Christmas Carol, which Il Troubadore and I will be opening for. I decided to recycle the blue girl body stocking idea to make an Orion Slave Girl costume. I used my stash of silk dyes to render a nude bodystocking green. This was the result:
              It looks like I have murdered Kermit the Frog in order to dance around in his skin like some sort of deranged psychopath.  I ended up pairing it with my gold costume and some green face-paint.
Not to shabby


              It was a fun-filled evening in which I danced to Klingons singing "Mr. Roboto." This is something beginning dancer me would have never thought professional dancer me would be doing years later but unexpected adventures are often the most fun.
Jon and I after the show


No comments:

Post a Comment